Saturday 23 July 2011

Thank You

So yeah... haven't posted in ages. Blame google- I was going to do a quick post but it wouldn't load up...

If it paid enough, I'd be a writer more of the time. Note to self, next time you spend eighteen months writing a novel, do not target it at chessplayers, they are tight and will not admit it (bit like me ;)). However, some people reading this may not know that I've actually written another book. I did it in about 3 days, and it's sold more copies than that novel, and at a higher price.

I really appreciate it. It's funny, my shares can go up big time in a few days sometimes, but I get a much bigger buzz from winning a poker pot or selling my novel. When I daydream now, it's about winning the WSOP or being a worldwide famous author. The second is probably more likely to happen that the first... because live poker does seem to be quite manipulative- and I don't mean in the 'reading people and verbal sparring' way.

In the WSOP, the organisation are blatantly there to make as much money as possible- screw the players. They generate a lot of TV revenue and rake etc without giving it back to the players.

Still... I'm pretty sure I will make decent money in poker- it's what I like doing. Writing is kinda... more time consuming. I think my first novel not being a MEGA SMASH HIT WORLD WIDE kinda subconsciously pissed me off... but not too many people are selling novels at the age of twenty one. Still time. Maybe I should become famous and get a boob job like Katie Price. Then I could get someone to write for me while whoring myself out- winner.

Anyway... yeah. Thank you for people supporting my writing- the hits for this blog are way into four figures now, I check up on you too. Who knows, if I think the 'other book' might get some more sales I might even link it here, might shock you a bit though...

No comments:

Post a Comment