Thursday 16 April 2015

Shares to Buy!


Good morning all,

I've got the money to buy some more HYP shares now. Looking around for candidates, the only one I've seen that is potentially close that I like now is BLT. I was thinking of buying that at 1416p recently but couldn't because investing money when you know VERY little about the company is not something I do! I know more about it now and would probably buy if it came down to around that level.

Anyway I'm interested in your potential candidates for buying now! The main consideration for me is... that the share price goes UP and I'm paid a nice dividend. In terms of 'diversification' people would def say that I am over exposed to financial shares... and I also have quite a lot in GSK and BP. More than HYP purists would like. But being a share investor for over 10 years now, and having written share articles for the past year... it hits home to me that all matters is how much you make (overall, taking both yield and capital rise into account.) I don't think any of the shares I currently own are at 'buy' prices now, so candidates will probably not be 'main' shares...

Another thing that's hit home to me lately is just how much better shares are than cash as long as you can keep the money in shares for at least a year! Over the past 18 months I've been putting much more of my cash into shares.

I'm still long term buy and hold and haven't sold any shares in over 8 years.

So I'm ready to hear your suggestions... details of what you think of the companies and their 'strategic plan' will be good too! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment