Sunday 7 October 2018

One Hundred Thousand Views


Blasting this out after a fun night out in Hudds...


Part of me didn't expect to get here this quickly. Another part of me knows I should have been here before now.

Rupert Hargreaves got there before me. Chris Bailey got there before me. So much quicker...

This article is mainly for writers...

Understand that I was not supposed to get here. I've been assaulted, ridiculed, written off...

In 2009 I never thought I would have got here... I could barely write.

Understand this shit is nothing compared to what other writers had to go through. You think Nietzsche had it easy? He would have no where near one hundred thousand views of his writing while he was alive. He lived the life of a true writer and philosopher. Best writer of the 19th century though.

You think George Orwell, real name Eric Blair, had it easy? Like he's getting cash from the tv spin off show?

He was dying when he wrote 1984. He died about a year later and that was the best thing he ever wrote.

The truth is that living in the 21st century writers have it easy... in some ways.

But this is a very hard time to make money from writing. To make a living. In a way I don't care though. I'm crying writing this. The flow you get from writing is something you can't get with anything else. True writers never die.

If you're reading this and you're a true writer understand that you have to do it and you have to keep going. Maybe you've had to go through harder shit than I have. Maybe you've been reading me for years. My true readers know what I have written in all different forms.

I sometimes make the tounge in cheek comment that I am 'world famous'. I am not world famous. But I have had people read my writing from most countries in the world. I am a British writer and proud to be one. I have put the Google translate on this site though so you can read it in your own language. And thank you if you're not a native English speaker reading this- I would find it very difficult to read anything in French.

Anyway it's still goal day. Thank you all for reading. There is more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment