Friday 15 September 2023

Poem

 You know...

I thought this poem...

Wasn't going to be that good...

But it actually is...

The Road to Blackpool Pier 


“We may find in the long run that tinned food is a deadlier weapon than the machine gun” - George Orwell


The “salt of the earth” mentioned Blackpool. 

Not far away, an easy travel plan for West Yorkshire folks. 

On your way, some can see their sister, nephews, nieces… 

Easy akin to king's pawn forward two spaces, 

A first move, then a second, then a third. 


Embrace the road to Blackpool Pier, 

And then tomorrow’s might be even further. 

Or maybe it is an alternative comfort, a confidence, 

For you to share with others, a truth, 

What you actually did - not just hoped - aged 40 years plus. 


I wonder how much he actually sees how this is part of my past life...


I guess he does...


Chris Bailey ain't on the John Updike level when it comes to poetry. And he's scared to play me at chess. But he's got over 50 million views on his share articles.


I never thought when I was working a shit job he'd talk to me but he did.


Thank you. Hopefully you will always be my share coach and financial mentor.


No comments:

Post a Comment