Tuesday 26 September 2023

Want You to Understand Something About My writing...

 When I was like 4... my mum would take me to the library just to read books...

I would spend loads of time at school even in 'free time'... reading books...

I would BUY books with my own money...

I've read over 3000 books including ebooks... most were not ebooks AKA I BOUGHT them or sometimes was up at like 2am reading in uni libraries...

When I was like 19 I was thinking.... fucking hell John (Updike) how have u read so many books and still write so much...

A lot of people these days don't even buy books... including mine!!??

How do you ever think you're going to make it as a writer?

When you've done a novel and read so many books... it's like you have total freedom to write...


No comments:

Post a Comment