Sunday 31 December 2023

Chess REVIEW

 So........

When I started messaging Steve on fb I didn't really know if I would go back to otb chess...

God hadn't even wanted me to think about it.

When I moved house my parents made sure they took my chess trophies with me. And my Yorkshire chess jumper.

What can you think as a 39 year old coming back to chess...

Steve had basically managed to keep Hudds OTB chess going over COVID...

Just think about that for a second.

OBVS people know I am V ANTI COVID restrictions...

Anyway...

So I just came in and thought if I can't do it OTB decent now I'll never be able to do it...

Beat someone nearly 2300 online which is nice... bit of online chess is fine... even Tim Hilton does it...

So just played everyone I could quick...

And lost to his 12 year old son! That's the first time anyone even informally has beaten me since jan 2007 otb.

I did manage to beat him the next game though...

But he could go far... if he wants to...

Anyway I did manage to beat an old nice guy... even though I spent a lot of time...

I have to balance it with all other goals but ideally want to do more OTB...

No comments:

Post a Comment