Friday 2 February 2024

Mark Howitt's Chess Future

 Might as well blast this out...


As long I'm doing other things I would be fine JUST coaching my 3 relatives if needed........

There seems to be quite a few 'free' options for coaching in Huddersfield atm in a few areas.... but you get what you pay for in some ways.

And even after just one win (i've had hundreds of nice wins online in my 'career') my OTB rating is one of the highest active in Huddersfield........

I really hope some of the various grants (I know Holmfirth got £250 from ECF but it's ok for that money to go to them I guess) make their way to club players because so far I've recieved 0p and not aware of any other club player getting anything...

I still think about chess most days even if I don't write about it. Even without focusing on it, I do have new opening ideas and feel that with some training etc I could well be my strongest ever....

So yeah..... ATM I am thinking of the prospect of paying to join the ECF although this will be done under protest. This is because of fees paid to a Russian player who has played for England.

If I decide to that will be the financial outlay- a cost for the ECF and travel fees unless some kind of sponsorship can be found. I have had various other sponsorships before.

I won't be doing too many 'auditions' as if people don't know in Huddersfield about Mark Howitt the chessplayer they never will. All depends how much people want good players I guess...

But my goal is at least 4 OTB games this year. Open to all good teams.....

No comments:

Post a Comment