Friday 9 August 2024

Annabel Scholey is Divorced...... The Importance of Not Having Kids?

 Word up.............

Late night one this one...........

I mean.......

Yeah.......

Brining back that night energy...........

I think a lot of people don't see how much kids cost, both in terms of time, energy and money. There's no way you can know at 18 really. My sister had kids quite late... they're nice kids yet without my parents being babysitters she'd struggle I think. She had 3 years off, a year for each. She's a doctor, her husband is....... nobody I know from my family history has ever divorced.

I only just learned now Annabel Scholey was divorced. I guess that's the acting world for you, emotional. And sure people get divorced a lot but if you've got kids/a kid..... more problematic. I personally think it's unlikely I'd want kids... because I can see the time, energy and money they'd take. I'd never want to like get divorced and leave the kid in a broken home. Far too many single mums these days too......

I think the instinct is stronger in women to want kids. You don't see many women abandoning their kids too, even though some dads do. Remember you only have to go back to the 1970s or 80s when a lot of women didn't do a full time job for a lot of the time......

But yeah... the amount of money time and energy you save by not having kids is quite a lot. If it's what you want and you have a stable relationship go for it....... but there's an advantage in not having kids too. I write about this a bit more personally to friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment