Saturday 3 August 2024

Chess Update

 Chess Update...


So I've been putting quite a bit of time into chess recently and tbh I think I am going to take it more seriously- both for myself to see how far I can push it and to help me be a better coach.

I really enjoy coaching and have been playing some of my best games online recently so I think the way forward may well be to do more rated games online.

I am going to be selective but with just a bit more work I will be ready to play more OTB too... been doing a lot lately yet it's hit home to me that only serious focused effort, even sometimes for just a few hours a day when you really focus on it, is needed to get results in many areas.

So setting myself an offical target to be rated over 2300 on lichess in a month from now... already pretty close to that should be able to do it with work...

Book me for coaching! May well apply for some of the grant too as I do a lot of free publicity for chess! Thank you for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment