Monday 6 April 2015

Follow Warren Buffet's and Ben Graham's Advice on Shares


You’ll have noticed for the past two weeks I haven’t been writing as many share articles.
That’s because I’m now putting into practice Ben Graham’s advice on shares more.

Particularly in ‘young’ investors, people can spend too much time watching the market- or in my case writing about it! Graham states that young investors should put more time into maximizing their income, which is what I’m doing now.

In fact I’m playing poker while typing this out!

I don’t think 31 is that young, but it’s good advice from Warren Buffet’s teacher. In fact you could go as far to say as that when you’ve got a good portfolio of high yield shares you could even just ‘work’ really hard and have a quick check of your shares once a week. Personally there’s been very rarely a day in the past ten years I haven’t checked my share valuation… but unless I’m buying or selling (and I haven’t sold in over seven years)… I DON’T NEED TO.

Relates to my ‘How Much is Your Time Worth’ article. From the time you allocate to getting money you should be really aiming to MAXIMIZE that… something I need to push my comfort zone on and do more!

Anyway hope you can apply this to your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment