Thursday 26 May 2016

Are You a Full Time Investor Now?


Got asked this a few days ago.

I said yes.

"So you just do shares and make money that way?"

I said yes.

It's because I wasn't super into that person that I didn't go into too much detail. But you could kinda say it's true. I mean most people would consider something they'd made thousands of pounds from in a few days being 'full time' or 'pro' right?

Truth is... I kinda am but with the strategy I use now... I could potentially make more than the average person in the UK does SPENDING NO TIME AT ALL on shares. So you couldn't call THAT full time.

I've been thinking lately. Spoke about this a bit... the way I finally said it was "If I bought something and HAD to sell it in a year that would be better than NOT buying something... if it made me less money than interest."

Because thinking about that more you can never know when or if you'll HAVE to sell shares. I don't spend much money and have a decent amount in cash but my percentage of money in cash is lower than it has been for while. With the amount of money I spend now my cash would keep me going for years EVEN IF I DIDN'T EARN ANY MORE.

And I will earn more.

So yeah... you've got to do what you want as much as possible in life. I am actually looking for a 'full time job' atm... but I'd still be an investor even then, just spending much less time looking at shares. But I'd have more money to invest. Having more money to invest makes you a better share investor... because you can spend just as much time researching but just make bigger purchases which leads to bigger profit... (or loss!)

The past 10 shares I've bought are all in profit though. The Lloyds shares I bought 21 days ago are up over 14% on the purchase price... quite surreal. I think I'm at the point now with all of the shares I own I KNOW when the right time is to buy more. Again I should have bought more Shell a few days ago... distracted by noise partly but I didn't fully have the "If I bought something and HAD to sell it in a year that would be better than NOT buying something... if it made me less money than interest" mindset too. I do now.

So WORD UP. Quite a 'philosophical' share investing post here... I just wrote whatever was on my mind. Hit me up if you want me to write about shares... still surreal over 100,000 people have read my share writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment