Monday 24 December 2018

No Drugs


So... I rated myself 6 out of 10 for my fitness goal this year. Why? My diet wasn't that good and I didn't do a lot of exercise.

I took no drugs though- not even the legal kind. Alcohol, cigarettes... and then all your illegal drugs lots of people take... none of them.

The last time I even purchased a legal drug was 2004. Alcohol in a club... after I was like... over 3 pounds for this? Not doing that again.

And the cool thing is ANYONE could take no drugs- it is physically possible for ANYONE to do it. V few people can run 100m in under 10 secs. Only Usain Bolt could do it around 9.6. But anyone can take no drugs if they have discipline.

I would say the main thing about it is having DISCIPLINE and having GOALS which you are working towards. If you have a financial goal you will not be wanting to waste your money on alcohol really, not if you're focused on it. If you're an athlete it's stupid to get drunk- you aren't even a proper athlete if you do in my opinion.

When I was like 18 I went in a lot of bookstores. When I was 19 I started writing my novel. I knew just how few writers made it, and I knew that more after I finished. I wasn't going to do anything to make me worse of a writer... if I wanted to be anywhere near as good as Updike there was no way I could do that. I was also one of the best chessplayers for my age in Yorkshire- even other smart chess players drunk alcohol when playing. I never did. I knew there were more talented people than me so no way was I going to hinder myself.

Probably most people in the UK take drugs, legally or illegally. Alcohol is probably the biggest one. I never feel the need for them.

So if you're focused on your goals... no drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment