Tuesday 8 October 2019

Writing For Pleasure


Just had a chat with someone about writing... I told him I was a writer...

But it's hard to make money from it, I said.

"Some writers just do it for pleasure" he said.

I kind of do...

There are lots of benefits to it... just getting thoughts out of your head... not having to worry about editing... just the sheer fact that you don't NEED the money... or approval... you are just writing what you want...

Vast majority of 'fiction writers' do it for the pleasure if that's the best way to put it... because they CAN'T make money from it... I've been good enough to make a bit, and am a share writer too... made some alright money from that.

But yeah as a writer I think you should at least do SOME writing for pleasure... something authentic for you. If you're going to spend too much time on it though... you have to be paid. Best way is to make money doing other things... then you can afford to write for pleasure if you want.

I still believe there is plenty of powerful writing in me... some like... polarizing writing to an extent. Some hard hitting stuff. Want to get some real authentic words out there in the world...

No comments:

Post a Comment