Sunday 6 August 2023

Chess Thoughts...

Question on my Mind... Post by Mark Howitt » Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:01 am So... Posting this as I was actually thinking about it in nightclub recently... fun night yet surreal I was thinking a bit about this at this time... Say you're a good chessplayer in UK... someone like Richard Bates who is IM... You STILL sadly can make little money from it I think. So I guess you have another job... maybe do a bit of chess coaching etc etc... So... how much time do you spend on chess and do you think it's worth it for you? Like I very much doubt I could ever get to IM level... even if I had had a bit more 'luck' and my gradings hadn't been messed about... and I didn't take a 'break' from 'competitive OTB chess' for nearly FIFTEEN YEARS... So yeah... I wonder how much time they allocate to chess and like I guess either consciously or subconsciously they must think the time spent NOT doing a job and getting more money is worth it... and also the time spent playing chess is better than doing other 'hobbies'... I think I'm posting this too as in near future I will have the choice to make of how much time/money to spend on chess... Anyway thanks for reading interesting to see what people think!

No comments:

Post a Comment