Wednesday 23 August 2023

More Hudds Chess Promo

 

Post by Mark Howitt » Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:35 pm

Stephen Westmoreland wrote: 
Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:44 pm
Good idea David. Huddersfield Library has a Saturday chess team and numbers doubled plus to 12-18 when they played in the main library. They had 30 last weekend for their first unrated rapidplay. If they see it, they will come.
I've never even been in new library...

But...

I might visit sometime...
Mark Howitt
Posts: 658
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:20 pm
Contact: 

Re: Major investment to transform future of English chess announced

Post by Mark Howitt » Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:37 pm

Just as a bit of info...

Huddersfield main library where it USED to be has 2 chessboards outside...

When I was like 14/15 I used to beat up players there... well there might have been 1 who was as good as me ;)

Drew quite a crowd...

Obvs only v little comp analysis then... and the players weren't that good...

A much more pragmatic investment in terms of the money spent would have been to SPONSOR me ;) But I'm still here...

PS I've never seen those chess boards used for actual chess for many many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment