Tuesday 5 March 2019

Don't Be 'Conditioned'


When I was at uni I walked out of a lecture.

There were about 300 people listening to the lecture. It was actually better than most of the lectures this uni guy had given- I had laughed at some of the jokes in it. But I checked my watch. This lecture had gone over the time limit and I needed to stick to my writing schedule. So I walked out.

The lecturer actually stopped talking all the time I was walking out. I didn't care, I just walked out with everyone watching.

Merrick Burrow never really liked me after that. I got some very bad marks for that English module.

Yet you have to go for your goals no matter what the 'social conditioning' situation is. If I could go back in time I wouldn't have gone to uni at age 18- I would have done some kind of sales job probably. Search for my 'Should You Go to University' article for more on this... for many people going to uni means less money for them (loss of earnings) and actually conditions them to be lazy.

It's not what your uni wants. It's not what your school wants. It's not what your parents want.

It's what you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment