Sunday, 30 August 2026

Going Public

 GOING PUBLIC...

Sunday morning blast for you...
A lot of people... they're either scared or cautious of saying things in public... or on the internet...
Even back in 2004 and 2005 I researched patriotic politics a lot. Many hours.
But back then I was thinking...
If I went PUBLIC it might effect my JOB OPPORTUNITIES...
2005 I finished uni. Had been a student ambassador for over 2 years. Even when I decided not to do the 3rd year they were asking me back and giving me work to do.
But no I'd decided I was done with uni, spent time selling my novel, doing other things...
This is why I have written IN PUBLIC since at least 2012 why it's best NOT to go to uni for English or anything artistic.
Just so you know though in 2005 it wasn't like jobs were lining up to give me work even though I wasn't that public in my patriotic opinons. I could survive, did some door to door canvassing etc...
So I had done a few jobs but my first proper full time sales job was for Safestyle in 2006. I'd read a lot about what Brian Tracy said about being a 'Doctor of Sales'...
You can call it a baptism of fire.
So it was either me or my parents who rang up a job advert in the paper. Sales for a big company it says. I drove to a hotel near Bradford.
One of the first things the old man said when he saw me...
You're great... they'll never see you coming...
I got some free sweets. He told me how much money I'd make.
March 2006. Sales training for Safestyle in Bradford.
I didn't find out til later but the ex army guy doing the training had actually defrauded the company. Again only found out later but one of the guys doing the training had been in prison for fraud.
There were some ok guys on the training. One had been a Royal Marine slightly younger than me. He'd seen men killed and I think had been injured so didn't want to do that any more.
So to give you the quick run down...
With Safestyle you were supposed to stay in someone's house for at least THREE hours. You could knock at least 70% off the price.
They gave you two windows- one was the standard window another one was a one with a diamond. This was the one Safestyle gave to all customers anyway but it was better than the normal one.
I didn't sell much for the first week or so. I went around with more experienced people. However after that I started to sell.
I think they gave you about 80 pounds a week for the first 8 weeks or so then 60 after that. You paid for your own petrol etc. You got small amounts of the 60 pound 'deposit' you got from customers.
They wouldn't pay you for any sales until the windows or doors had been installed which was at least 12 weeks after the sale.
I think I worked about 20 days in a row at one point. Every week was a 6 day work week.
After about 4 months I left even though they begged me to stay. They still owe me money.
So yeah... sales story there for you... Safestyle have conned many of its staff never buy from them...
So the point of this is...
I can UNDERSTAND why people are cautious about being public in their support for
Restore Britain . That's fine, you can vote in private. But it's our last chance

No comments:

Post a Comment