Sunday 29 October 2023

Chess Thoughts

 Just like saying things on my mind...

In terms of actually just PLAYING online chess is much more like time efficient than OTB chess...

Of course people could cheat, I never have, in blitz chess you'd have to have like a separate comp I think...

Esp if no money involved which for vast vast majority of internet chess there isn't there's no point in cheating anyway...

I think one of main reasons for this is COST OF TRAVEL... then u've got to look at things like time travel takes and if you're doing tourns entry fees etc...

Despite this I've played like...

It's hard to say...

But if you're talking formal and informal probably around 700 otb games in my life.

Maybe about 200 graded games...

Online... again hard to say but I'll have played about 2000 or more onine games I think... then different time analysing studying, reading books etc etc

Remember that from December 2008 until now I still in that period played hundreds of online games... and did some analysis so perhaps in some ways I am stronger now than in 2008... won one formal otb game where I played fairly well but a lot more to prove obvs...

And the kind of good thing when I think about this is... I mean on lichess beaten someone nearly 2300 with black and won the other game with black... I don't take it as serious on other sites as I used to but still play pretty well... it honestly like really varies... sometimes online you get players in the 1800s who are just really bad...

But anyway... what I'm saying is I will have done studying and playing etc when some GMs today WERE NOT EVEN BORN lols... so yeah obvs they have more talent than me but no reason why I couldn't get a higher rating than I have now in some ways...

It's a crazy amount of time really but I like chess...

You could say it's a good mental workout... and you do actually get to meet some interesting people in chess...

The thing is though what I've been thinking recently is...

Say for example I HADN'T spent that time doing that and done a regular job etc I would have quite a lot more money...

So... should I keep playing chess...

Yes I prob should online but otb atm... maybe limit it...


No comments:

Post a Comment