Monday 30 October 2023

Why I won't be Scared of Higher Rated Players If I play them again...

 I remember when I was like about 21...

There was this rapidplay tourn in Calderdale...

I remember coming to play my opponent... oh I thought... his grade's not that high it can't be that good.

I won.

It turned out to be Dave Patrick who was rated around 150 before the old grades got inflated.

But because I THOUGHT it was an older man with a lower grade I just expected to win. Like how I expected to beat Greg Eagleton in 2004...

But like when I was say about 18 I was a bit SCARED of playing higher rated players... like ohhhhh he's higher rated than me... I might LOSE...

But with the amount I've looked at chess now...

Carlsen said it himself... the game is a draw if nobody makes a mistake...

So it's just like a puzzle really... certainly if a guy is older than me he might be less physically fit or his mind might be slowing down...

No comments:

Post a Comment