Thursday 17 October 2024

GM Keith Arkell

 I honestly do spend too much time on chess yet feel moved to write this...


Based on seeing Keith Arkell in person briefly when I was 15 and following his results I do believe he should be included in the England over 50s team.

Sadly it often seems that OTB team selection, at many levels, does not come down to player strength but whether some selectors LIKE the player.....

Even when I was 15 I asked an older player in person why Keith Arkell wasn't in the main England team "HIs face doesn't fit" was the answer.......

Overall seems to me that Keith Arkell is a good team player as well as producing very good senior results. I will actually make this a public post on my blog https://markhowitt.blogspot.com/ as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment