Thursday 3 October 2024

Huddersfield Chess

 This might be last one before I go to bed........ but I can't be rude in being slow to reply to Stevie!!


Obvs the team I care most about in the league is Huddersfield.........

Huddersfield for SURE have enough players to get promotion- if I'm not stewarding for Huddersfield Town/Giants etc and the game is at home I may well make myself available FOR FREE and I haven't lost a competitive OTB game since........

(Bonus points for my loyal fans if you know this).........

January 2007! Before a lot of players playing OTB now were even born!!

If I was playing at home in that situation I'd expect to be on the lower boards! Still in training :)

Re: Yorkshire league 24/25 season
Post by Stephen Westmoreland » Wed Oct 02, 2024 11:47 pm

The position with Huddersfield is interesting. They are now getting surge in numbers and new players. The more we can blood into the Huddersfield and Calderdale Leagues, the better they will become to support the promotion push and stop the bouncing up and down from the Woodhouse. The region is starting to do well with Holmfirth getting stronger (not now unknown for a 1700 to be on board 5 or 6 locally) and Meltham and Denby Dale roaring in.

No comments:

Post a Comment