Tuesday 8 October 2024

Different Stage of Life

 Aiming to make this one so good it should be paid really....... but what can I say I like blasting things out...... might make it paid only later..........

I was 20. Blackpool. I was a bit intimidated by the GMs. GM Gormally gave Palliser a right verbal going over... I think Palliser had this kinda Oxford accent..........

Even players who were a bit higher rated than me...... I didn't want to disturb them. I beat a few goodish players in the rapidplay but lost to a Scottish IM I think.........

I just wanted to get myself in the zone of what it would be like to a pro chessplayer........ all in all I prob spent about £250 or £300 on that trip in 2004.

So this brings me to the point of DIFFERENT STAGES OF LIFE..........

I probably COULD have talked to higher rated players more then but I didn't. 

So this kinda relates to my 'When You Look at Mark Howitt' article which I really like actually..........

For quite a few people if you were sitting across the chess board from Mark Howitt...... I think u would feel maybe slightly intimidated or in awe PERHAPS. Now obvs some people wouldn't, the titled players wouldn't at all but some would........

Remember a lot of chessplayers in the UK can't even drive a car. If they're kinda pro players they prob haven't done many regular jobs.........

I first read in Mammoth Book of Chess when I was like 15 FM Burgress saying oh you'd be better off doing min wage job than playing chess........

So yeah these players under 18 obvs wouldn't have done many regular jobs............

I was more nervous chatting to girls/women when I was younger but I'm not at all now.

Different things can have different impacts in different stages of your life. The more life you've experienced the more you know in a way......

No comments:

Post a Comment