Sunday 6 October 2024

Will My Fame As A Writer Like GMs Tevis and Nabokov Bring me Success?

 Will My Fame As A Writer Like GMs Tevis and Nabokov Bring me Success?

So.........

They're both long dead.

I spent a bit of time reading up on Tevis and he was an alcoholic like Beth. 1983, The Queen's Gambit was published the year I was born........

Nobody had written a high level chess FICTION novel since Nabokov.......

I speak to some prospective students and they're like oh yeahhh yeah it's a netflix series........

I means........

OK........

I'm wanting to blast this one out quick- it's a bit arrogant maybe but got it on my mind. And sometimes you have to get it out fresh like GM Suetin says..........

These Hudds chess people........... were they buying my novel in 2005? 

No.

The most socially intelligent thing someone could do when meeting me is to buy my novel but not that many people do......... but the good news is I'm actually going to republish it with new intro featuring Palliser and a new cover ;)

It's like........

You really think I spent 5p an hour writing for 18 months for people to TELL me what to write, especially when I'm doing it for FREE. Lols.......

I have a DUTY to the writers in the past to deliver. This is why I don't smoke, drink alcohol etc. Sure maybe other writers do have more TALENT than me but many were dead by about my age.

Mark Howitt ain't dying no time soon people. I could have died about 200 times so far in my life. But God and Mark Howitt didn't want me to die.

A lot of things come down to CONFIDENCE really. You have to do what you want and write what you want despite the CCTV. Many public places in the UK try and intimidate people with yellow CCTV signs now........ but you see smart people on YouTube doing what they want anyway. Think News Now Yorkshire.

More to come. Book me for coaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment